MTC's COVID-19 Commitment
Margaretville Telephone Company and MTC Cable Continues Pledge Keep Communities Connected
Margaretville Telephone Company and MTC Cable is continuing its commitment to serving their customers and communities by keeping them connected. MTC made a community minded commitment in March 2020 promising to continue providing high quality broadband, video and telephone services to ensure customers who are financially challenged are connected during the COVID-19 pandemic and MTC will continue to honor this commitment as long as a federal or state declaration of an emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic is still active.
MTC’s commitment provides the following:
1. Work with residential and business broadband, video and telephone customers that have been impacted financially by the COVID-19 pandemic to keep them connected, by deferring payments, waiving late fees, and working with them on structured payment plans.
2. Work with K-12 schools providing affordable broadband service for economically challenged customers with students or administrative offices.
3. Work with communities, hospitals, medical centers and other essential institutions in addressing their unique broadband, video or telephone connection needs and goals.
4. Respond expeditiously to requests from customers with current accounts to upgrade their broadband or video service to higher performance packages or make other service adjustments.
5. Expanded resources to address the increased requests from residents and businesses in MTC service areas to become new customers for broadband, video or telephone service.
6. Respond expeditiously to requests from customers who are experiencing interruptions in their broadband, video or telephone service.
7. Support legislation that provides funding directly to residential and small business broadband, video and voice customers in need to enable them to stay connected to their services during the COVID-19 emergency.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, MTC will first and foremost continue to protect the health and safety of its employees, customers, and communities, and comply with local, state, and federal government laws and emergency protocols.
About Margaretville Telephone Company
Margaretville Telephone Company was founded in 1916 and is proud to offer a "family of services" to regional customers throughout the Central Catskill region of New York. No longer known as just a "phone company", MTC has expanded services to keep everyone connected with: high speed internet, cable television and telephone services. MTC made a conscious decision in transitioning to an employee owned company which fosters a local, community minded approach to business keeping the customers we serve connected to their communities and beyond.
MTC is as excited about the future of the business and the territory served. Over the years, the change has been nothing short of revolutionary. Consumers can make choices about communication services from options they never had before.
Service from a local, employee owned company that supports the community.